Decorus Academy Terms & Conditions
- For the purpose of this document Decorus Academy will be referred to as DA.
2) PAYMENT OF FEES & GUARANTEEING A SPACE
a) EXISTING STUDENTS – CHILDREN’S SCHOOL
- i) Parents & Guardians of students currently enrolled on courses/classes at DA will receive an invoice via email at least 3 weeks prior to the end of the current term.
- ii) DA does not accept any liability for invoices emailed to Parents & Guardians that go astray. It is the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian to notify the office promptly if they do not receive an invoice at least 3 weeks prior to the end of the current term.
iii) Fees are payable in full, for the term, in advance for all the classes/courses your child wishes to continue, at least 14 working days prior to the end of the current term they are enrolled on.
- iv) Date for payment of these fees will be clearly identified in the ‘comments’ section of your invoice as well as available via the website on the ‘children’s school page’.
- v) Only in exceptional circumstances, by prior agreement with the Principal of DA can any other payment plan be permitted.
- vi) Only payment of fees in full guarantees your child’s space on the course or class that they wish to take.
vii) Failure to pay the student’s fees in full will result in your booking being cancelled and the student’s space being offered to the next person on the waiting list for that class/course.
viii) No reduction or reimbursement will be offered for absence from class, including sickness, and holiday.
- ix) Missed classes cannot be made up at a later date or by taking an alternative class during the same week or any other week during the term.
- x) An administration late payment fee of £15 will be charged to Parents & Guardians who fail to pay the balance of their fees 14 days before the end of the current term their child is enrolled on.
- xi) Payment can be made by cheque, cash or BACS (bank transfer via internet or telephone banking). Please refer to your invoice for the DA account information.
xii) BACS payments must have a reference of the child’s name so that your payment can be clearly identified.
xiii) Cheques should be made payable to Laura Bennett. Please ensure student’s name clearly marked on the reverse of all cheques, so that your payment can be clearly identified.
xiv) Cash payments must be given in a sealed envelope with your child’s name clearly marked on the front
- xv) Fees can also be paid by credit card via Pay pal invoice upon request. A transaction fee is applied to all Paypal invoices (rates vary). Please ask for more information about the transaction fees.
xvi) Cash payments can also be made directly into a bank account Please ask for details.
xvii) Students who have not paid their fees prior to commencement of the class will not be permitted to attend classes until fees and any late payment charges have been settled in full. DA reserves the right to refuse entry to any Student who has outstanding payments due at the start of term.
xviii) Existing students receive priority booking for the new term of classes or courses approximately 3 weeks prior to the public booking opening.
xix) Completion of your child’s original booking form is considered completion of a contract of service between DA and the Students/Parents/Guardians during their time at DA, and therefore will result in Parents/Guardians being liable for fees due in full each term, subject to these Terms & Conditions unless the correct notice period is given, please refer to section 2. Giving Notice, below for more details.
- xx) Acceptance on a course is at the sole discretion of the Principal of Decorus Academy.
xxi) DA accepts no responsibility for lost or mislaid payments due to Parents/Guardians attaching inadequate references to their payments in lieu of fees.
b) NEW STUDENTS – CHILDREN’S SCHOOL
- i) A student’s acceptance on a course/class is subject to receiving a completed online booking form prior to the commencement of the new term, and payment of fees in full for the term.
- ii) Bookings can also be taken over the telephone or completed on a hard copy paper booking form upon request.
iii) Bookings can also be made after the new term has started via the on-line booking system subject to the discretion of the Principal of DA.
- iv) Students that are completely new to DA are requested to settle the fees in full for the entire term for all the courses/classes they wish to attend, within 5 working days of completing their on-line booking form(s) (this also applies to bookings made by telephone, or by completing paper-copy booking forms), and guarantees their space on the course/class that you wish to book.
- v) It may be possible for students new to DA to be offered a short initial trial of 2 classes. Short trials of this nature will need to be paid for in full in advance. On completion of the initial 2 week trial, all remaining fees will need to be settled in full to continue with any further lessons. Short trials of this nature will be offered at the sole discretion of the Principal of Decorus Academy.
- vi) Receiving an invoice via email should not necessarily be considered acceptance of a Student’s booking onto a course. Confirmation should be received at least 24 hours prior to the commencement of the course. If a Parent/Guardian is in any doubt whether their child has successfully gained a space on a course they should confirm their booking with DA.
vii) Failure to pay the student’s fees in full will result in your booking being cancelled and the student’s space being offered to the next person on the waiting list for that class/course.
viii) DA does not accept any liability for invoices emailed to Parents & Guardians that go astray. It is the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian to notify the office promptly if they do not receive an invoice within 2 working days after completing an online booking form, (and 5 days for a paper/telephone booking).
- ix) Only in exceptional circumstances, by prior agreement with the Principal of DA can any other payment plan be permitted.
- x) Only payment of fees in full guarantees your child’s space on the course or class that they wish to take.
- xi) No reduction or reimbursement will be offered for absence from class, including sickness, bereavement, and holiday.
xii) Missed classes cannot be made up at a later date or by taking an alternative class during the same week or any other week during the term.
xiii) Payment can be made by cheque, cash or BACS (bank transfer via internet or telephone banking).
xiv)BACS payments must have a reference of the child’s name so that your payment can be clearly identified.
- xv) Cheques should be made payable to Laura Bennett. Please ensure student’s name is clearly marked on the reverse of all cheques, so that your payment can be clearly identified.
xvi) Cash payments must be given in a sealed envelope with your child’s name clearly marked on the front so that your payment can be clearly identified.
xvii) Fees can also be paid by credit card via Pay pal invoice upon request. A transaction fee is applied to all Paypal invoices (rates vary). Please ask for more information about the transaction fees.
xviii) Cash payments can also be made directly into the DA bank account please ask for further details.
xix) Students who have not paid their fees prior to commencement of the class will not be permitted to attend classes until fees have been settled in full. DA reserves the right to refuse entry to any Student who has outstanding payments due at the start of term.
- xx) Completion of a booking form will be considered as completion of contract of service between DA and the Students/Parents/Guardians, and will result in Students/Parents/Guardians being liable for fees due in full, subject to these Terms & Conditions.
xxi) Acceptance on a course is at the sole discretion of the Principal of Decorus Academy.
xxii) DA accepts no responsibility for lost or mislaid payments due to Parents/Guardians attaching inadequate references to their payments in lieu of fees.
a)In the event of Parents/Guardians or Students wishing to cancel their space on future terms of courses/classes, a notice period of at least 3 weeks prior to the end of the current term on which they are enrolled is required.
c)Failure to give the adequate notice period will result in the fees and charges accruing on your account. DA reserves the right to pursue Parents/Guardians and Students for outstanding fees in these circumstances at their discretion.
- a) All cancellations must be made in writing to the Principal of Decorus Academy.
- b) New Students/Parents/Guardians making bookings with the school are entitled to cancel, for any reason up to 14 working days before the commencement of the course and receive a full refund of any fees paid.
- c) New Students/Parents/Guardians making bookings within 14 working days prior to the start of the course, or after the commencement of the course will not be entitled to any refund.
- d) DA cannot offer any extensions to refunds offered in any circumstances such as; illness, injury, holiday, bereavement, maternity leave or absence of any kind, (including spouse injury, illness, holiday, bereavement and maternity leave.)
- e) Students/Parents/Guardians entitled to a refund can ask to have the money held as a credit on their account to be used toward future courses or classes.
- f) Credits held on account can only be used towards payment of classes, and must be used within 4 months of date of initial purchase. Failure to do so will result in the forfeit of the credit from your accounts.
- g) Refunds may not be issued until the end of the current term. Refunds cannot be paid by cash or cheque and will only be issued via the Parent/Guardian or Student’s bank account directly.
6)PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
- a) DA uses still and video photography to aid the learning environment, especially before examinations. If you would rather you/your child are not included in this aspect of classes DA must be informed either at the time of booking or in writing before the course/class begins.
- b) From time to time DA may take still and video photography during classes or performances that may be used for marketing and promotional purposes. If you would rather you/your child not be included in any visual recordings DA must be informed either at the time of booking or in writing before the course begins. Full consent will always be obtained prior to any recordings. Please refer to the Photo & Video Consent form for more details as to the intended use of these images.
- c) No unauthorised still and video photography will be permitted by students, their friends or family during classes, end of term performances, shows or demonstrations. Prior permission must be obtained from the Principal of Decorus Academy.
7) HEALTH & SAFETY
- a) It is the responsibility of Students/Parents/Guardians to disclose any prior or existing medical conditions and special educational needs on the booking form required for each Student’s booking form completed. Failure to do so may result in a Student being unable to safely join in a class/course they wish to take.
- b) It is the responsibility of Parents/Guardians to ensure that all medication required by their child is handed to the teacher at the beginning of class along with a Medical Consent Form, (which can be obtained from the office or your teacher.) Medication will be stored in a secure place by the teacher until it is needed.
- c) Student’s personal details may from time to time, be shared and discussed with other teachers, or representatives of Decorus Academy, at the discretion of the Principal of Decorus Academy.
- d) It is the responsibility of the Student/Parent/Guardian to ensure they/their child has sought the appropriate medical advice prior to the acceptance of a place in a class.
- e) It is the responsibility of the Student/Parent/Guardian to notify the Teacher or representative of DA of any new or additional medical conditions that could affect their performance or general well being. Failure to do so could seriously risk the student’s health and the future of their place within their class.
- f) It is furthermore accepted by the Student/Parent/Guardian that the engagement in dance is a physical activity that may incur injury such as falls, sprains, twisted ligaments, and that the Student/Parent/Guardian accepts and assumes full responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or adverse consequence suffered as a result of engaging in dance excluding loss or damage suffered as the direct consequence of negligent breach of duty of care by DA or any Teachers representing Decorus Academy.
- g) If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of the course for you/your child please consult your Doctor before attending any classes.
- h) Teachers of DA may wish to use physical contact as an aid to correct Students technique and postural alignment. Students/Parents/Guardians who have any concerns regarding this aspect of class are invited to contact the Principal of DA to discuss this further.
- i) Students are expected to arrive punctually, at least 10 minutes before their class is due to begin so that they can get changed and start the class on time. It is essential to warm up correctly for class, therefore students may be asked to sit and watch the class if they arrive too late to join in.
- j) It is compulsory for Students to wear the correct DA uniform for the class they wish to take part in. Failure to do so may result in Students not being permitted to take part in class.
- k) Students are required to ensure that all jewelry is removed before attending class, and that hair is tied neatly away from the face, preferably in a bun for ballet. Failure to do so may result in Students not being permitted to take part in class.
- l) Students who require glasses are strongly advised to use contact lenses whilst taking part in class. If this is not possible Students are advised to explore other safety measures such as a safety strap whilst dancing.
- m) All Teachers representing DA may reserve the right to refuse entry to any Student who they deem unfit to take part in the class due to; unsuitable uniform, attire, footwear or inability to take part due to injury or general well being.
- n) It is expressly forbidden for Students, Parents or Guardians to carry or consume any alcoholic beverage or banned substance to any of the buildings used by Decorus Academy. Decorus Academy, its Teachers and its representatives reserve the right to refuse entry to any Student, Parent or Guardian they believe might be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substance.
- a) Student discounted rates are automatically offered to anyone up to 16 years of age.
- b) To be eligible for a 16+ student discount with DA you must be aged 16 or over, registered with an education establishment and be:
- i) A full-time student registered and studying on a higher education course with a university or college.
- ii) Enrolled on a full-time course made up of at least 15 tuition-led and/or structured learning hours a week over at least 14 week.
iii) Receiving NHS bursary money, either as a full-time or part-time student (Proof of such must be provided).
- iv) A full-time postgraduate student (for example, studying or writing up for 15 or more hours a week)
- v) Possess a valid NUS, or student card with at least 6 weeks of your course remaining.
- vi) DA reserves the right to refuse a student discounted rate to anyone they suspect does not fulfill the criteria above and may request further evidence in these circumstances
- a) DA accepts no liability for personal injury or death of any Student unless directly caused by the proven negligence of DA or any teachers representing Decorus Academy.
- b) DA accepts no liability for Students valuable possessions such as jewelry, watches and electronic items. Students who bring valuable items to class do so at their own risk.
10)EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
- a) DA is dedicated to the promotion of equality of opportunity to all its Students and Staff irrespective of gender, marital status, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation and age. Please refer to Decorus Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy for more information which can be found on the website.
11)CODE OF CONDUCT
- a) Teachers representing DA are committed to ensuring that every Student is treated with the highest level of respect, courtesy and dignity whilst in their care.
- b) Teachers representing DA are committed to conducting themselves with the highest standard of professional behaviour within the class setting, encouraging a positive, welcoming, supportive atmosphere for Students to learn in.
- c) DA has a zero tolerance policy to negative, abusive or disorderly behaviour therefore Teachers representing DA reserve the right to ask Students, Parents, Guardians, friends and families of students to leave the premises if their behaviour is deemed unsuitable or unproductive for the class or school setting.
12) CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
- a) DA takes the safety of all its Students very seriously. All staff coming into contact with Students including teachers, support staff, and musicians will have 3 yearly reviewed, fully enhanced CRB checks. Please refer to Decorus Academy’s Child Protection Policy for more information.
- b) Students under the age of 16 years of age must obtain permission and consent from their Parents/Guardians to attend classes, and subsequently all documentation including booking forms, medical and consent forms must be signed by Parent/Guardian.
- c) No Student under the age of 13 years of age may leave the class unless accompanied by a named Adult, Parent or Guardian by prior arrangement.
13) CHANGES TO CONTENT/TIMETABLE
- a) DA reserves the right to amend; change date/time/venue of classes; or postpone classes altogether; due to failure of equipment, building faults and other factors including force majeure. In these circumstances refund or compensation may only be offered to the Student/Parent/Guardian at the discretion of the Principal of the school.
14) COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
- a) In the unlikely event a Student/Parent/Guardian has a complaint, full details should be made in writing to the Principal of Decorus Academy. All complaints will be responded to within 14 working days.
15) DATA PROTECTION POLICY
- a) DA takes handling Students data seriously and will hold all personal details securely. DA guarantees not to disclose such information to any unauthorised person or third party. Where appropriate DA will use such information in carrying out its various functions and services.
- b) DA acts as Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and all personal information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Students/Parents/Guardians wishing to know what details are being held about them/their child should request copies from the Principal of Decorus Academy. DA reserves the right to charge you for this
- c) It is the responsibility of Students/Parents/Guardians to ensure that the information given is correct, accurate and kept up to date. Failure to do so may result in the Student being unable to book and attend the class they require.
- d) It is the responsibility of the Students/Parents/Guardians to ensure that they have the necessary permission to pass on the personal details of all the students they are making a booking for.
- e) DA reserves the right to update, change and amend these Terms & Conditions at any time, as deemed necessary to ensure the safe and continued delivery of service to Students/Parents//Guardians, and will publish changes via the DA website.
f)Further more it is the responsibility of the Students/Parents/Guardians to regularly review the Terms & Conditions to ensure they are aware of any changes made by Decorus Academy. Parents and Guardian’s continued use of DA services after changes are announced will be taken as the Parents and Guardians agreement to be bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- i) DA may wish to contact you in the future with details of other courses, classes, discounts and promotional offers that we consider of interest to you. If you do not want to receive these additional updates please let DA know so that your details can be removed from this mailing list.
All enquiries must be directed to : Laura Bennett, Principal of Decorus Academy,
Hill End House, Millers Lane, MK43 0SN